Pictures of 6FM

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Interest

Su Hua

Interest is something someone enjoy doing. For me, I tried a lot of different activities to pass my time. I used to play piano, ping-pong, dance, write calligraphy, and so forth. However, the most I enjoy is reading books. I love novels and self-motivation books. Novels, is really something very amazing because when I am reading, it brings me into a whole new world. Then, I will become the character and experience he/her life. Because of these, I can take a deep breath as problems are overwhelming me in the real world. Besides, reading broadens up my mind as I see the world in different angles and perspective. I discover how thing can be solved differently. For self-motivation books, they spark my spirit to pursue my dream, to cherish everything around me and learn to be contented. Self-motivation like invisible hand, pull me up when I feel down and helpless; and a motivator who pushes me to become a better person. I read for years because reading makes me grow and learn. I feel extremely proud when my shelf is full of books.



Jun Kiat
Interest is an activity I can perform not just for entertaining and relaxing ,but more than fulfilling my own satisfaction to learn more and know more. I enjoyed reading national geography, Knowledge magazine , The Times magazines ,Chinese novel and English novel. I am able to gain a lot of general knowledge . For novel , I love Dan Brown ‘s creations. His novel is tied with breathless plot and fascinating story line. I love singing and I play piano too. I did join some singing competition before. I did compose and write lyrics for my own song. For me , melody and rhythm are unique way for human to express through playing musical instrument and singing. They convey information in an emotional-attached way. Besides, I enjoyed jogging as well. I did join some marathon run before. I enjoyed the feeling the spirit of no giving up . I always sense the feeling of accomplishment after I finished a 10km run. 


Isaac Lee
Writing about interest, I once black out because I wonder what the difference between interests is and hobby is. Even I search for it in the internet; I found there are many different views about interest. Then I conclude that everyone have their own definition for interest. For me, Interest is what I will enjoy doing it. Then I came into another problem that is I have too wide interest if it is define as things that I will enjoy doing it. But to say what I enjoy the most, I would choose playing games. I play many types of games include MMORPG, strategy game, puzzle game, racing game and more. Most of the time I enjoy strategy game because it keeps my brain busy and when I win, it makes me feel superiors. My favorite game is Warcraft, I believe everyone know what is Warcraft as it is so popular. I categorize Warcraft into strategy game as it needs to do a lot of planning and react very fast to win. Playing game not only makes me feel superiors, it also gives me a lot of imaginary space. 



Nadia

Two of my most preferred hobbies are, reading romance novels and baking. I find comfort when I am reading a novel as the writers never fail to bring me into their world, leaving behind the often stressful reality. I also find reading as a good and enjoyable way to broaden one’s vocabulary skills as novels have a tendency to use flowery and bombastic words. As for baking, the process of mixing butter and sugar to final cooling your treats before eating them is a blissful therapy in its own. The smell of sugar, butter intertwining and the scent of your final product on the cooling rack is simply the best aroma therapy. 


Miki

I love things simple, but more often than not, people make things complicated and sadly, so do I. I normally spend my time reading, listening to music, playing piano and hanging out with my friends. My hobbies include ice-skating, watching movies and doing hand crafts. I feel life is not meant to just be full of cheers, but sometimes there is also a need for tears. When i feel sad or not in a good mood, i like to use words to express my feeling, and i found this might slowly become my new hobby. Now I am learning how to cook. I like to think this could be my next hobby.


Yee Wei

I like to read novel, classical and modern from different countries. I found that those novels convey life issues message in an interesting and creative way. I like to watch movies too especially those that based on true stories. I found that some of the novels and movies were very inspiring. I do not play any music instrument, but I cannot live without music. Music can be as inspiring as novels and movies. Besides that, I like to run long-distance race and practice martial art. I felt happy when I run for marathon and go for Taekwondo training as these two sports teach me never give up easily in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment